Sunday, June 19, 2011

Post Number 302

I appear to have gone past 300 posts without much celebration.

I didn't really notice. For my 100th and 200th post I made a big thing and did this:

1. blah

2. I'm Riley

3. Oh yeah!

All the way down to 100 and 200. It was a strange way to celebrate. But I know I really enjoyed it. I was very emotional for the 200th one, I remember.

But now I've accidentally bypassed my 300th and I'm not very worried about it.

Today I plan on working on my new essay. I think the title will end up being 'Relationships And Their Mediums: Possibilities, Inclinations, And Historical Knowledge'. Maybe something like that.

The distinction between possibilities and inclinations is one that I started working on back in november when I read Nicholas Carr's book The Shallows: What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains. At the time I had all kinds of questions about the issues of mediums, what they were, how they effected us. I wanted to know how far Carr's work extended. I think it extends quite far.

So this new essay is me picking up on that line of thought that I initiated in November. I wasn't able to pursue that line very closely because I wrapped up with 'Art, Zen, and Insurrection'. But now I feel ready to return to it.

I'm ready to do some work today because of my reflection on my writing I did yesterday.

But also because I really hurt my foot yesterday when I fell roller skating. How disappointing. Oh well. I'll be okay. I just need to ice my foot and relax. I got some books in bed with ice on my foot. Lets see how my writing goes in bed.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers