Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ooooh Writing

I'm 18 pages into a new essay and I'm happy with how it is going.

But god damn the internet makes me crazy. I'm so distractible. Even now I got the urge to go play an online game somewhere or do something else.

I'd love to go outside and run or something but I hurt my ankle so I'm lying here with ice on it. It should get better I imagine. It really isn't that serious. Not really swollen. Just such a weird limp. A vague pain.

I would love to go running.

But this new writing is making me feel good. It just annoys me how distracted I get online. I want to talk to people. I want to do something else.

I feel trapped by my distractibility sometimes. I swear I would go outside if my ankle didn't hurt. Maybe I should just go sit outside anyways. But it really isn't all that nice out. Well, it is okay out.

I just got on here cause I felt like I needed to vent a little bit about my writing frustration. I mean I've produced 7 or 8 pages today. That is good. Pretty good progress. But I just feel like I should be able to focus more than I am.

And it is especially funny and frustrating because I am writing about the issue of mediums, and specifically about the internet and how the medium encourages shallow and distracted thought. Booo hooooo.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers