Monday, June 13, 2011

There Is No Patience

There is no more patience
I will always move
In and out in all directions

I care not for waiting
Because the inevitability
Of time is all that I need

I will always move
And you cannot stop me
I will always move

Because I am steadily
Steadily approaching death
I am the king of this place

I am the ruler of this
Glowing and rotating palace
That fuels my mind

I know that I pretend
That I crave its collapse
But the truth is I'm scared

Philosophical truths cannot
Be accepted in those moments
In which the imploded self becomes real

Don't fret
I'll fret for you

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers