Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Other Day

The other day I was on fire.

I was walking down the street.

Hours before something hap snapped in me.

A switch.

A string.

A fire.

Something had changed.

I was beaming. Booming. Churning.

Something in me had become enflamed in the best way.

I was thinking of Nietzsche.

Thinking of how he said something about the intensity of his own feelings astounded him.

The intensity of my own thoughts and feelings continue to amaze me.

I like it that way.

I have writing projects to work on.

But I'm not quite ready yet.

I won't put it off too much longer, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers