Wednesday, October 5, 2011

BAH!

I am sitting here applying for all kinds of different jobs.

I've sent out two applications to technical writing jobs and about five to different cafes for barista jobs. I need more work!

Then out of the corner of my eye I saw another tab I had open titled 'Submissions, History and Theory'. Bah! I said to myself!

Here I am desperate for work! Needing something else to do with myself! And there in the corner I see my abstract philosophical ambitions staring me in the face!

I have a desire to produce something publishable. I want to write about philosophy of history or something of the like.

Perhaps it is a long shot.

But to catch that tab while I'm frantically looking at other jobs is frustrating.

To think about how grand, abstract, and intellectual my ambitions are is super frustrating. Especially when contrasted with the desperation of my current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers