Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Write Better In The Dark

I had a really nice morning.

No work (surprise!).

So I slept in.

I got up, I relaxed.

I went to top pot. I had a donut and a double shot in the dark.

I spent two hours reading Benjamin's essay 'The Work Of Art In The Age Of Its Technological Reproducibility'. A goooooood close reading.

I came home and I wrote two pages on it in the AZI project.

I've written more of the AZI project.

Right now I'm drinking a coke, which I rarely do.

I'm still writing AZI.

But I don't have the attention for super sustained writing right now. I'm not sure why.

Sometimes I write better in the dark. I write better at night.

There is nothing else to do so I can just settle down and sink into my thought. Settle into a groove. Write write write.

Oh well.

I'm about to break 300 pages. Hooray.

Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers