Thursday, January 27, 2011

Salad And Decisions

I'm eating a salad right now. It tastes good. I'm enjoying it. It expired at my work so I'm able to eat it. It isn't really expired though. But we can't sell it. Soooo I'm eating it.

As I'm eating this salad I'm contemplating the rest of my night. I'm so very tired and sluggish. Just felt out of it today. Frustrated.

I will shower first. After that, I'm not sure.

What are my options?

I can finish Carl Schmitt's The Concept Of The Political. Which I hope to do.

I could write, do my own writing. Get some work done on the AZI project.

Need to do some writing on expression within structure. Need to think about splotchy hair in Petco uniforms.

This salad is almost all gone. I wonder if it will fill me up enough.

I love to eat.

My reading list is getting a little bit daunting.

I still want to read Nietzsche's The Will To Power. I also just received four books from the internet.

Two are by Walter Benjamin. They are a volume called Illumination and a volume called The Work Of Art In The Age Of Its Technological Reproducibility and Other Writings On Media.

One is by Slavoj Zizek, his book In Defense Of Lost Causes. An exciting thinker, a daunting book.

The final book is a volume called Aesthetics And Politics. What a perfect title, given my current project. The essays are by Theodor Adorno, Walter Benjamin, Ernst Bloch, Bertolt Brecht, And Georg Lukacs. It also has an afterword by Frederic Jameson.

I have lots of decisions to make about what to do tonight, and I have long term decisions about what to read in what order. Time is not the most plentiful thing for me (I'll die some day, after all), so I want to be careful about what I read and when I read it.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers