Sunday, December 19, 2010

Why? He says

I love the way this stone wall feels as I walk down this dark hallway. It is more intimate than I would have expected. I watched a worm slowly scale a vertical wall. I watched as it flailed from side to side, groping and hoping to find something soft and moist in the darkness.

As I continued down the musty stone hallway I became aware of all the moments that had led me on this latest bout of exploration. I was restless. I was curious. I was hungry.

It is unfortunate that these boots are corrupting my ability to really experience this stone hallway in all its force. I know that it could make me shiver from head to toe if I were only willing to let it touch my toes and my head. But I'm a little too attached to my hat, to my shoes, to my warmth. To your warmth.

I'm pretty certain that I came here for a reason. I told myself that I wanted to embrace a certain type of experience. But I can't seem to take my shoes off. I can't seem to let you do this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers