Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weekend Sluggishness

I wake up on the weekends and I feel tired. I wonder if its because I work hard all week, or because I like to go out partying and socializing. Probably both.

But when I wake up and I'm in my apartment there is a different feeling from the rest of my week, the rest of my time. Is it the feeling of waking up alone contrasted with how many people I've been dealing with throughout the week? Probably something like that.

The social life. My inner world. What a weird thing.

This coffee tastes pretty good though.

Today I want to do some laundry and I want to get some work done on my essay. I also want to do some dishes. I have lots of things that I want to do.

Do I like babbling into blog documents? Yes.

Why do I do it? I'm not sure.

Perhaps I do it because I'm in a room by myself and it makes me feel like I can imagine that I am communicating to other people.

But I'd like to get some serious writing done today.

But when I wake up in the mornings I feel out of it. I feel like there are things that need to settle in my mind. Water and sand? What? I'm not sure.

I just had this image of my mind being clouded and me having to wait until all the particles settled to the bottom. Not sure what that means.

I like it when I experience thought as imagery that I can't quite clearly articulate. I like when suddenly there is an idea that exists but it doesn't exist as words.

But then again, what I want right now is to write some words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers