Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sleep Is Heavy

I feel heavy when I sleep.

I've been sleeping in more than I'd like these last two weekends. But now I'm awake, I ate a big egg sandwich, I'm drinking coffee. This coffee is making me hot. Physically warm.

I like it.

Showering will feel good. I'm undecided if I want to do dishes now or not. Part of me thinks I don't. I'd prefer to put it off for now.

My reading has been very slow and lazy these days. My writing has been doing a few things, but my big project is still slow going.

I am still reading Theodor Adorno's Minima Moralia: Reflection On A Damaged Life thanks to Mr. Mightremindyou. It is an interesting book that is very hard to grapple with. The structure is hard to identify. Which makes it had for me.

But I just found some very useful ideas in it because he was talking about the relationship between rage and art, or art and crime. "every work of art is an uncommitted crime." Interesting idea. Probably hyperbolic. But still useful for my purposes.

It is interesting to see that other people are talking about art and violence, art and politics.

Oh well. Today is a day that might be interesting or exciting. Tomorrow might be a day that I can get some real work done on my next writing step.

Last night I sent myself a text. I want to remember things sometimes. But I don't have pens. So I text myself. But the text never arrived in my inbox. I'm pretty certain I put my own number in. But what if someone else got my snippet of a text message? I hope you did.

Time to shower and move on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers