Saturday, May 28, 2011

Friends

I am not revelatory

Please stop

Acting like your beautiful babies aren't yours

I lie

I deceive

I conceal

I am desirous of you all

And I'll never let you know

Tell me of your reflection

Tell me of your world

Is it full of denied investments?

Full of a resented reality?

Think of it how you will

It isn't what you say

It is frightening

It is cruel

It is realer than you claim

I can never be your mirror

I can never acknowledge you

Only coldness can do that

Only distance can satisfy you

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers