Saturday, November 20, 2010

Meals and The Structure of Life

Just a quick note. Some days I don't do much. I hang out. I listen to music. I do sporadic writing. I get lost in the internet's weird corridors of distraction. I eat food. I always eat food.

I do things until I need to eat another meal. This constant need for food. This body. I need to maintain it with this food stuff. It just feels awfully strange to be at the mercy of my need for food. I just need to eat all the time. What is up with that? So strange the way it can structure my life. Life revolves around meals. And it seems as though I just drift and drift until I need to eat food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers