Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello September, Hello Seattle.

I am an albatross. SHOUTS OUT TO DAD ON THE EAST COAST! SHOUTS OUT TO FARMVILLE, I KNOW YOU LOVE THAT OWL CITY SHIT.

Anyways, today is September 1st and it seems like September is going to be a pretty exciting month. I will be starting a job as a barista in six days. So that is fun and funny and interesting. I really hope I'm allowed to drink coffee on the job. Cause I will totally make myself quad lattes to my precise desires. That will be a weird thing. A fun thing.

Interestingly, with my more abstract writing I have gone a little bit blank. My last big essay on the genealogy of the modern mind has left me a bit blank. I mean I already have all these inklings of 'OH, so that is what is going on here'. I have some ideas on how that writing is going to take me in different directions. But it is all very much to be determined. So I need to read for a while now. Can't worry too much about writing right now. I'll keep reflecting on here I suppose. But as for my next big writing project, I'm gonna take it easy for a few days.

I'm reading a fascinating book called Sex After Fascism: Memory and Morality in Twentieth Century Germany. That should be a rewarding book to finish, so I'll do that. Honest history. Good to read some history. I've been reading so much philosophy and neuroscience and stuff so yeah. Who knows.

I have a lot of interests left to combine and a lot of reading left to do. It'll be good to work as a barista coming up. I think I'll be apartment hunting later today. Shouts out to the East coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers