Thursday, July 21, 2011

Impending Travel

5 minutes until I leave for work?!

Oh no! How much do I love this blog? A lot!

Why do I love it so much?

I have no idea.

On Saturday I will be getting on a plane to go to Maine.

I will be attending my family reunion.

I'm ready for travel, I'm ready for lots of reading, I'm ready for lots of family visiting.

When I return it will be July 30th.

When it becomes August 1st I'm going to be like 'whoa'.

When it becomes August 15th I'm going to be like 'whoa, this is my second year in Seattle'.

I'm regarding it as a potential fresh start.

I'd like to take better care of myself.

I'd like to keep pushing through my current writing project.

I'd like to keep making new friends and exploring new social options.

I'd like to keep doing all kinds of different things.

Part of me would like to try painting. Or maybe I should draw more.

I just want to do all kinds of things.

I wonder what will happen to me.

I was wondering if I could make a new years resolution in August.

I wonder why it is hard to just change, why we need dates or commitments of the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers