Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hello August, Hello Baltimore

Well well well! Interesting weekend.

Had a very nice time with my parents in Farmville. Their new house is super nice it is hard to believe. Hopefully I should have some pictures of it on the internet soon. Cause it is this wild huge barn that has been renovated and turned into a wild nice house.

Apparently it was custom built by some people and then they split really fast and told it cheap. I had all these funny imaginings about why they could have possibly left this nice house so quickly. Probably some family emergency. But I had also considered that maybe it was aliens, or werewolves, or monsters, or something silly and fantastic like that. OMG I HOPE MY PARENTS DON'T GET EATEN BY MONSTERS. Lol, that would never happen, but I got a kick out of how my mind took me to those ideas.

All in all, looks like my parents are going to be able to have a very sound and comfortable retirement in Farmville. It was a good trip, I'll miss them. Felt a bit sad, but life is full speed ahead right now. This is movement. This is action. This is change. This is no longer childhood.

The trip was nice, I got some stuff done to take care of my car, which I will be selling later this week. Then on Saturday I'll be flying out west to California, and then onward to Seattle.

While I was there I read an essay by Hayden White called 'History, Historicism, and the Figurative Imagination'. For a long time I had read these essays by White and just couldn't get what he was trying to do. Finally I feel like I am beginning to understand. I think I now get what a 'tropological theory of discourse' would be, and what it would do. In fact, I have a post planned where I can explore these ideas.

In other post news, I am still working on my 'Society's Implicit War' posts, and I am also working on a post on the relationship between simulation theory of mind and tacit mental theory. Anyways, all is well. Better than that even. Things are full speed ahead.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers