Sunday, January 22, 2012

Returning To Simulation Theory

I'm reconnecting my thinking to simulation theory of mind in a big way.

I wrote a decent sized essay recently and I ended it with a discussion of simulation. Basically, I was trying to understand if there is a mode of thought that could connect my disparate references to civility, aesthetics, and zen. I concluded that all of those processes must involve simulative modes of thought.

I recently did some writing, that I've yet to post, on simulation and the collision/diffusion/comparison of thought. I'm feeling very connected to these ideas.

I need to do some real reading and writing on simulation and synthetic experience and other stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers