Saturday, January 14, 2012

FLASH! BOOM!

What I'm really after these days is a conception of a type of attitude, a style of living, a purposefully pursued mode of being and relating to yourself, others, and things. Further, I want to understand the pedagogical significance of this attitude. I've talked about it in different ways, but there is some idea there that has yet to be named precisely. I've yet to find language that I found wholly adequate. But it is really about elaborating the idea of the philosophical life and working out if and how it should be taught. I know that I give a lot of emphasis on historical education, and that the material would be handled in a 'zen' like way (see my latest essay on the civil-aesthetic-zen attitude).

But there is still a good deal to work out. Especially on simulation and synthetic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers