Friday, August 12, 2011

Sorting My Mental Mess

I was telling a friend today about the thinking I'm working on. Questions of mediums, minds, history, choice, action.

The whole thing needs to be about a theory of action. A philosophy of action. I just want to understand why we do what we do. Why we do it the way we do. How we choose the things we do.

It is a big mess. A big web of ideas that I don't understand the connections.

But it made a bit of sense when I was telling my friend about it.

It was making sense when I was talking about Zizek on retroactive freedom. It becomes a more and more appealing idea. Especially when I am able to explain it with Collingwood's definition of the imagination. I think that it helps.

Who knows.

But I'm sorting thoughts. Maybe I'll be able to write soonish.

Maybe this or that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers