Sunday, August 28, 2011

August

August has flown by. I'm not sure what I've been doing. For the most part I've just been socializing and looking for a new job. I've been reading a little bit. But I had to take a break from philosophy.

I read Naked Lunch and honestly didn't like it very much. It was a pretty frustrating book.

Right now I'm reading a book called Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy And The Specter Of Inverted Totalitarianism.

It excites me because it gives me a sense of a concrete line of historical and political research that I could carry out. I find the relationship between government, corporations, the military, and the universities. Really fascinating stuff.

Compelled me to buy a copy of a book called The Cold War And The University. Really really interested.

I may end up researching something like that for graduate work.

But yeah. Practicalities are dominated my life right now. A job hunt. Ordinary living.

Oh well!

I have an idea for an essay.

It would be titled 'Atonal Worlds, Master Signifiers, And Clausewitzian Theory Of Choice'.

Zizek's book Violence was what really clicked and made me feel like I could write something extended. Especially the chapter 'Sexuality In The Atonal World'.

I look forward to writing it. But I'm not sure when I will.

Over and out.

NO POEMS RIGHT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers