Monday, April 11, 2011

MMMM, I ATE AND WROTE A LOT TONIGHT

Well I didn't write all that much. But I wrote enough to finish the section in a way that pleased me.

BUT I DID EAT A LOT.

Me and some friends played basketball. It makes me tired. But it is really fun.

Then we went to Outback Steakhouse and I ate a lot of food. 9 oz steak with garlic mashed taters and grilled onions. Two bloomin' onions between the four of us. Shittttt.

I had done a little bit of writing work prior to leaving for basketball. Then I finished it up when I got home tonight.

This last section was a very big push for me. Very difficult to sort out my thoughts. Once I finished IV.1.1 it was smooth rolling. Because that was the main question I was after. This difference between politics and war despite the fact that they both depend on violence. But I was able to write 5 pages tonight and get the whole thing done with.

It is out there!

It has been a month and a half, my faithful readers, but I have indeed finished another section of AZI. Only IV.2, IV.3, and IV.4 to go! Ahoy hoy!

Onward with my living and working.

It is funny. The stuff on civil disobedience and satyagraha became so much less important to me once I was able to finish my analysis of war and stuff. But thats okay. I'll get to that stuff. It became clearer and clearer to me that the purpose of the chapter was to understand war and violence and politics. Not to understand those other things. Or at least I felt like once I had finished that initial analysis of war I understood enough about civil disobedience and satyagraha to not need to push their relationship to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers