Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Painting!

Today I went and bought a set of watercolors and a pad of 12 watercolor papers. So I've been spending some time painting today, on this, my second day off. I was able to complete two paintings. One a weird picture of my bedroom windows. Another of some weird winged swamp man with three arms. I shall share them here, on my internet blog!

They are weird and not very good. But I really enjoyed sketching with a pencil and then painting and seeing what emerged. Both of them sort of developed as I worked.



This painting thing could be weird. I wonder what kind of direction it could put me in. I am glad I did it. Because writing and reading gets frustrating sometimes. Can't deal with all that stuff all the time. Sometimes just need to make some colors and space out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers