Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ahhhh I Forget That I Am A Collaborator!

I reached this point where I began to hate my latest essay. I look at the final section and I was like wtf is this? Are you poppy-cocking or what?

It is about how aesthetic and magical forms of experience are important.

This isn't my idea. This is John Gray's idea. This is Guy Claxton's idea. This is Collingwood's idea.

So why am I beating myself up for entertaining an idea that other very smart people took seriously? Because I don't feel smart enough.

I don't respect my own thinking enough to feel comfortable speaking the ways that I do.

But I am just collaborating. Just pulling implications out of other people's work.

Well. I also have my own thoughts.

But I should just finish this essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers