Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Signed A Lease: Uh Oh

LOL! Not really uh oh. More like WHOA HOOOOOO. Just a shocker, and an exciting thing. Perhaps I should just call it a strange thing.

Capitol Hill is the neighborhood. I'm very excited about that. The rent is higher than I would like. Will be pricey. Will take up a lot of the money that I earn as a barista. But oh well. I will make something work. I will make something happen somehow or something. No clue. Good luck to me.

I'm pleased that I have all the things that I need to move in. My aunt has been a big help. We went to Ikea and bought a bunch of stuff. A bed, some sheets, some knives and cutting boards. This new life should be awfully strange and exciting. But who knows. I need to stop spending money on certain things. Like bars. I'll start carrying a flask.

Who knows what I'll do.

This is one of those moments where my writing is flailing. Mainly because the future is now impossible to read. A decision has been made. But what that decision will amount to is unknowable. The future is a blur now. But a blur with four walls. A blur with an outline that is a studio in a neighborhood. Well well well. I'm gonna need some posters. And some other things. I'm gonna need to live harder. I'm gonna need a library card.

I'm starting to make small progress on my new essay. It still doesn't have a definite title. But it is about art, everyday life, creativity, social activism and change, and zen.

I am currently reading Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind and I'm finding it very exciting.

That is all for now. I'll be moving this weekend.

Then things will be different again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers