Thursday, May 13, 2010

Relaxing

Right now I am totally taking it easy.

Still feel very much expended/reeling from my post of April 30th. I am considering editing it, adding footnotes to it, legit citations and quotations, and using as my writing sample for when I apply to graduate school.

The bottom line is that it is the most coherent statement I have made of my philosophical interests and their interconnections.

It was written, however, entirely outside of any academic institution. No one has graded it. No one has really read it. I have no idea what kind of feedback I could possibly get from anyone.

That is why it would feel bold and interesting to do the citations and bibliography and make it legit.

Might as well send it to a journal if I do that.

I am just about done the final edits on my long paper on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Then I'll be sending that off and I hope someone publishes it.

It could happen.

I finished two books recently. John Lewis Gaddis The Landscape of History and David Shields The Thing About Life is That One Day You'll Be Dead. Both of them really good, in different ways, obviously. I plan on writing a post about both of them. I def have lots of ideas brewing from them. But I am relaxing for a little. Finishing up Jekyll and Hyde and working. No need to rush it. I am brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers