Monday, April 2, 2012

BAHHHHH!

RAHHHHHHH!

Sometimes I want so badly to get my hands on a book but it is expensive and the library doesn't have it and I'm not a student so I can't use ILL!

WHYYYYYY!

Currently that book is Collingwood and the Crisis of Western Civilization: Art, Metaphysics and Dialectic.


RAHHHHHHH!

I can tell from the title, the covers, and the snippets I can read, that it is a supremely interesting book. Totally situates Collingwood in a way that makes sense to me: approaching the crisis of Western civilization from a variety of angles, such as art, metaphysics, and dialectics.

I want it!

It is new!

2008!

Written as a dissertation and published as a book!

I want to be the best Collingwood scholar ever! I need this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I spend most of my time working as a mental health professional. I have been preoccupied with philosophy, politics, healing, and many other questions for the last 15 years or so. I am currently working on putting together my study of Plato and Aristotle with contemporary work in philosophy, psychology, psychotherapy, and trauma research. I use this place primarily as a workshop for ideas. I welcome conversation with anyone working on similar problems. The major contours of my basic project have been outlined here

Followers